Starting Fresh

The new year has some facing resolutions made of their own volition. And others have to start fresh because circumstances thrust upon them. A family member found herself having to move over the past holiday weekend... no small task when it involves a large family with small children.

A friend of ours found himself destitute and having to start out completely from scratch. As families pulled in around him and his children, he's already been able to acquire the basics... and our family was happy to pass along a round oak table that had been given to us. We had been at a low point in our own life, and a dear friend passed it to us. It became a place of many meals and memories, lovingly refinished and, of late my staging point for all things crafted, sewn, painted... you name it.

Anyway, we've found ourselves in a better place, and with a larger rectangular table where we take our meals together. And it would seem that the round table was an easy let-go. But it wasn't. It's led me, instead to my own new start...

Passing along my trusty crafting area has opened up a door of opportunity to re-create my creating space. Mu first task will be to determine the 'where'. Then I can press on to the 'how'. And, while I miss my trusty friend, I know it's a cornerstone for new memories for its new family. And its departure is an open door for me to new possibilities in this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment