Finding the Balance

Yesterday and today have been reality checks for me. While I have the noble endeavor to document my creative flow each day, life doesn't always cooperate to accommodate such grand schemes. What's that saying?...best laid plans?... something about guys and mice?

Yesterday the opportunity to pass time with my sister-in-law presented itself. And with a brand new residence that is now an hour away (as opposed to the convenient five minutes down the street), a 'short visit' in the truest sense of the term really wasn't realistic. So, I thoroughly enjoyed passing my day at my in-laws' new place mounted on a small hill overlooking a lake. The neighbor's horses came up to the boundary fence to add the final touch to the overall feel of leisure. I was not missing my crafting, I must confess.

A wonderful creatively inspiring thing did occur during that visit, though, that leaves me excited to create for my new work area. I snapped a picture of some old drapes that my sister-in-law had removed from an old house she'd lived at years before. She'd hated them, thinking they were ugly. But her Mom couldn't bear the thought of them being tossed. Now they're serving the noble purpose of giving my nieces some privacy.... and of inspiring my desire to create a concoction of sheer diaphanous material with delicate lacy crochet for the vast panels of windows in my sunroom/work space.

Here's the inspiration. After I'm done with the ribbon board and seat cushion, these will be high on my priority list to get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment