Sew Fantastic

I know, I know. The title's oozing of cheese, but I couldn't help it. I pulled back the curtain to the sunroom sliding glass door to do the 'big reveal' for my Mom. She'd yet to see any of my progress thus far. With coffee fresh in me, I was as giddy as Charlie in the chocolate factory.

And as I step out here a couple hours later, I'm even more enamored. The sun spilling over my sewing machines. The crystals on the chandelier sparkling. The forsythia and bird feeders right outside the windows. I'm SO overjoyed by the cheeriness this space is taking on!

My creative juices have already begun flowing. I've already placed my baskets of yarn to the right of the table, introducing my first splashes of vibrant color to the currently neutral palette. I can't wait to see how electrified the space becomes as I place the shelving and begin organizing my sewing stash!

My goal is to finish major furniture placement and organization of at least part of my sewing tools before picking up my Bugaboo from the bus stop this afternoon. So I'm committing myself to posting progress pics later. :)


6:15pm: As promised, I'm posting a progress pic. I'm pleased with how this is coming together, considering I've not bought a single thing to make it happen (boy do I have a ton of stuff). Looks nothing like my 'dream' craft space, but I am so tickled with the overall result.

Which works out good, since I came across several ideas on Pinterest that'll give me no peace until I implement them... Oh goody, another creative journey to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment