First Creation of the New Year

Now that I've managed to get a semblance of organization in my work area, I'm about to embark on my first craft of the year: a ribbon board and seat cushion for a dear friend of mine.

The color scheme of the room in question is inspired by a bed set design by Ty Pennington in aquas and oranges.

So the ribbon board will be in black, with aqua ribbons held by buttons covered in orange sateen. The seat cushion will be in the striped aqua, with red-orange piping.

So, here are the fabrics. I'll likely enjoy Sunday as my 'day of rest'. I'll definitely check in, but I'll likely indulge in another retrospective. :) And then Monday I'll be focusing on the board! Yippie!

I want to get this project done post haste for two good reasons: it's my Christmas gift to my friend. But also because I'm already thrilled to get working on two ideas for the craft room. Can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment