Child's Table & Chairs - After

And here's the finished product. The color IS a bit bright and, believe it or not, pink is probably my LEAST favorite color in existence. I used a fabric swatch from the little rocker I'd just completed to be my inspiration for color choice. As I thought about my plan of attack, pink became the final color choice.

The flower design wasn't an initial part of the plan. As I prepped the pieces for painting, though, the thought of looking at a HUGE field of bright pink every day unsettled my nerves a bit. I finally realized creating a pattern from the already adorable rocker seat fabric would be a wonderful way to tie the two pieces together, since the frames would be in completely different colors. I ended up doing the initial graphic design for the flower with a compass, protractor and graph paper. That allowed me to transfer the image and enlarge it to a big sheet of trace, which I then used to transfer with graphite to the table top. I painted the petals in by hand with acrylic paint and then top coated everything to prevent chipping.

I cannot tell you how happy I was when all was said and done. More importantly, my daughter adores this table. And, whenever the cousins come over, it's everyone's favorite place to sit down and dine.


No comments:

Post a Comment