A Childhood Rocker - After

My goal was to create a piece for our little girl that would match the furniture already in her room. Her off-white frame was the source I used to color match a paint that would be the final coating for the chair. At the time, we were VERY low tech. So, all the sanding, painting and refinishing was done by hand... NOT electric tools. The final finish is one coat of primer, three coats of color and three coats of polycrylic satin finish top coat. This chair has since been hit, banged, dragged - you name it - and the finish is still going strong.

The fabric took me a LONG time to find. As you have already seen, I love being playful and I'm not afraid of color. When I came across this material at Hancock Fabrics, I was smitten. Our little one is still using the chair, a favorite spot to settle in and watch a movie. Those of you with a watchful eye will have actually seen it "debut" in the Refurbished Lamp pictures from a previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment