4-handle Nightstand - Before

Here was an ugly little thing I picked up at an estate sale. It had been painted by someone who I think had been aiming for some sort of distressed finish: pale turquoise brushed over a white undercoat... with very obvious brush strokes all over. In my opinion - horrible. BUT, I'm sure the little piece was adored and looked at with much pride by the person who took the time to do it.

Either way, it didn't work for me.

This was one piece I was so eager to finish, I'd stripped it before realizing I hadn't taken any 'before' pics. So, here you have it stripped bare and ready for priming. I'd hoped I could take it down to the wood, but I soon discovered I was going to have a very messy wood left when all was said and done. So, again, paint ended up being the approach I chose to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment