Busting My Stash

This morning I pulled pulled out most of my yarn, re-winding unravelled balls and exploring various pairings.

The colors run the gamut. Since they're a hodge-podge of hues from across the decades, some work well together while others leave something to be desired. Like any self-respecting crafter I'm on a mission to sift out what will work amongst the trove I already have. As excited as I am about trolling local yarn aisles, conscience dictated I can't possibly shell out $50 on 1000 yards of new yarn. After all, I have 10,000 yards snuggled in a basket already, waiting to be transformed.

So, having promised Audrey (my daughter) a scarf for our brisk morning walks to her bus, I sat down last night in front of PBS and worked one up while listening to Michael Pollan. Stories of multi-million dollar tulip bulbs and cannibus farmers filtered from the TV as I grabbed one of my fatter crochet hooks to work shades of pinks and rose.

Grandma changed the station after awhile, and I was able to finish up before Body Of Proof was over. Now for the real conundrum: to tassel or NOT to tassel?...

No comments:

Post a Comment