Variation On A Theme

After much delay and distraction, I finally wrangled myself into beginning work on my Sharpie art. Laying the color chips out in their determined march of colors, I sat staring at them on my coffee table for quite a long time:



The bathroom that will house these graphic delights has quite the mirror installed on its wall. Some might think it a bit bombastic for the size of this little space:




I love it.  The mirror reflects out into the long narrow space, the dark wood adding a warm tone to the overall feel to the room. I love all the patterns and textures all over it, too.  Just look at these different patterns:



It seemed like a no-brainer to draw at least some of my Sharpie graphics inspiration from the textures on the frame of this mirror. As you can see, I'm not feeling constrained to the graphical aspects of the mirror, but it sure got my juices flowing yesterday!  So here's what I managed to get done so far:


My Bugaboo's home sick today, so this post is on the brief side. Hopefully I'll have a little down time today to add one or two to the mix for tomorrow's post!

1 comment: