Finished At Last!

The life of a mom is never dull. Most of you know that (or should I say ALL of you?) I finally had to hunker down and schedule time just to focus on finishing the seat cushion.

It's funny how the odds and ends of life elbow in and vie for first place in the attention queue. And, I'm not sure about you, I tend to feel pangs of guilt when choosing between things equally important to my heart...

This month is an active one. Amongst all my crafty tasks is an endeavor (for the second time) to prepare a six course meal for a Valentine's event. The first shindig was such a success, I simply couldn't resist taking another go at it. But that has meant interspersing baking with sewing; sautéing with crocheting; reducing with drawing. I have to keep reminding myself that my absence from my blog is justified, but I mildly worry I'll let this all fall by the wayside as 'life' scrambles for my attention...

Whew, that felt good to get off my chest! Yesterday was all about getting the seat cushion done, and finish it I did! I streamed Pandora and rocked out as I drew up my pattern and sewed feet and feet of red orange cording. I was even tickled to see my little Tater Tot throw down her toy and start dancing when Duran Duran came on.... there's a kid who's definitely her mother's child. :)

Things went fairly smoothly, though the true success will be hearing whether or not the recipient thinks it works in her over-all design scheme. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment